The effects of cold weather combined with those of external heating of the home can cause dryness of the scalp and skin, mainly because of lower humidity and drier air.
Just like the skin of the rest of your body, the skin of the scalp can also dry up. Then the film becomes more visible: more especially as we wear black during the cold season! It was found that 50% of Canadians can have dandruff or showing any symptoms.
What is dandruff?
The film caused a natural reaction of the mushroom body malasezzia globosa who live on the scalp. This condition breaks the skin barrier and may have symptoms such as itching, irritation, dryness, redness and dandruff. People who have dandruff may also experience dryness in the scalp.
“Dandruff is actually a condition that prevails throughout the year and that may worsen and / or become more visible during the winter, said Jerry Teuschler, principal scientist at Head & Shoulders. We can address several problems of the scalp that are caused by the winter by combining a dandruff shampoo and conditioner for hair care. “
How to pamper her hair in winter
- Avoid taking long showers with hot water – too hot water can remove natural oils from the skin essential.
- Make sure to moisturize the scalp , as is done for the skin. Always use a conditioner after shampooing.
- Combine a dandruff shampoo with a conditioner dandruff. Using a conditioner that contains zinc pyrithione (ZPT) increases the amount of ZPT which remains on the scalp.
- Reduce its exposure to heat styling tools, especially regarding the dryers. Excessive heat they generate can dry the scalp.
- Keep your body well hydrated. Maintain adequate hydration has many health benefits in addition to providing water for the body.
- Use a humidifier at home. This can help the skin and scalp to stay hydrated.
- Protect your scalp, as well as the skin against harsh external conditions.